Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2016 ford fusion key coding after body c...
2016 ford fusion key coding after body control module replacement

3475 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2017-07-01 00:29:40

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Silver Arrow
    2017-06-27 17:25:08
    Hello all! I'm brand new to this forum as I just recently got my MaxiSys Pro.  The machine looks to be pretty awesome so far, but I have hit a hiccup.  I just read through the other post about the 2016 mustang twice to make sure I didn't miss any details.

I replaced the body control module in this 2016 ford focus, the module was causing a parasitic drain.  It "seemed" like the coding was proper, and the message said it was complete on the autel, but afterwards, when I insert the key, i can turn it to position "2" and get all accessories to power up, but the instrument cluster says key not recognized, and when I turn it to position "3" the vehicle does not start.  

It seems coding the Body control module has caused an issue with the PATS to pop up, I was assuming I just needed to finish coding elsewhere, but there is no pats option I can find anywhere, and I cant figure out how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance for your time.

Branden R.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    moaudi

2017-06-28 04:54:57 (Reply to:Silver Arrow)

Hi, 
    in order to program pats on fords newer than 2014 , you will need a j2534 Pass through device with an active subscrition to motorcraft plus a current LSID to program pats and keys on ford vehicles. This new way by passes the ten minute wait for security access and grants instant imediate access through the ford server. autel works great on vehicles with pats prior to 2014. 
    best regards
    martin

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Silver Arrow
    2017-06-28 19:43:56 (Reply to:moaudi)
     My research insinuates the above to not be correct. I don't think my car has the timed version.   

Separate from that, my current issue is that I cannot even find the section/screen/option to code a key. I have the maxisys and the j2534, but it appears the maxisys doesn't have an option for 2016 cars.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-06-29 02:31:40 (Reply to:Silver Arrow)

the above info by moaudi  is correct, at least for the most part, not all ford vehicles has coded pats though, there r still a few with time pats left, the reason you don't find the option (pats) on many vehicles after 2013 on your maxisys is because it is coded pats which requires  the locksmith license. however if you check the explorer, expedition, navigator and some  other models, they do have  time pats system and are available in our maxisys tools even after 2014 and some up to 2016. I think eventually all ford vehicles will have coded pats system in 2018,19

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Silver Arrow
    2017-06-30 15:25:57 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
    I must be misreading his post then, my bad if so.

Can you clarify two things for me then please Spike:

1.) I blatantly CANNOT code my 2016 ford fusion body control module with my Autel Maxisys and J2534 because coded pats is not supported by Autel?

or 

2.) I could get a locksmith license, and then that lets you unlock something in my Autel so I could code a key on a 2016 Ford Fusion with coded pats?

•   Level 3   
    (56) points

2017-06-30 16:41:12

Hi Silver Arrow. The other responses above are correct. As for your last comment, #1 is correct. Coded PATS is not supported by Autel, you need to download the software from motorcraft to do that.  On top of that, you need the J2543 AS WELL AS an LSID and a valid membership and login to NASF (I think its called). If you dont have that, then just bring it to the dealer because to get all that is expensive and time consuming.

As for your second comment, no, you can get the locksmith license but it wont unlock anything in Autel, it will just allow you to use the Motorcraft software and unlock that.

Bob

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-07-01 00:29:40 (Reply to:)

perfect answer Bob, thank you, I concord.
  Total1 Pages